Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ram Gopal Verma (se) Darna Zaroori hai !

Ramu, take it easy.
You started it with "Ram gopal Verma ki aag". I kept silence, thinking its an unforced error from a top seed player. Though I saw the movie on a pirated copy in a Volvo - It made me feel cry. I couldn't bear the resemblance of "Sambha and Tambe","dhanno and ghungaroo." Mohanlal just couldn't fit in. With such a flawed dialogue delivery, I kept thinking that Babban must have cut Narsimha's toungue. Any ways, I admired your guts Ramu and pardoned this sin of yours.

But then you came up with a so called horror film - "Darling". this time I just had 1 question.
"Why Ramu, Why?". "तुमने ऐसा क्यों किया हमारे साथ, क्यों~??" . the film was not horror film, instead it was a filmy horror! Esha Deol as an actress is scary enough, then why go and extra mile and make her a ghost? Fardeen Khan - Amen. Even a broomstick can show some facial expressions but not Fardeen. His face remains as plain as his father Feroz's bald head. And the over all film - it wasted my 30 Rs. movie ticket. It was then I had a doubt that Ramu, you're loosing it.

The camera Angles in Sarkar raj confirmed my doubts. The camera was placed at most unusual places - in a corner, near fan, overhead and probably everywhere. "Agyat" was the second last nail in camera's coffin. The camera movements felt like a worm struggling for its last breath. I shall not insult the blogger community by discussing "Agyaat" here.

"Rann" completed the weird camera movement trilogy. What a sheer waste of camera! Ramu,
there is one scene in which I literally struggled to see an actor - It was supposed to be Rajat kapoor. Only things I spotted in the scene were - an object similar to a leg, a sofa and fan roaring at full speed. Artistic? Experimental?

I am eagerly waiting for the next film Ramu, at least it would save me my Ophthalmologist's diagnosis fees.

3 comments:

mihir13 said...

Good one!.. Beshht line : Even a broomstick can show some facial expressions but not Fardeen. "His face remains as plain as his father Feroz's bald head."
lol.
Feroz Khan ki aatma ko shanti mile!

Abinav Kumar said...

Ramu ko kuch nahi bolne ka.. samjha na..@@

Esoterically Yours said...

LOLZZZZ!

Btw, i salute u my friend, u have the guts to watch Ramu's movies.

Fardeen's comparison is awesome!! lollll!

Song I liked : [Phir se udd chala (RockStar)]

Rockstar is special movie. It took some time to grow on and appreciate. Ranbir (JJ/Jordan) is an aspiring singer who's not so ser...