Saturday, August 30, 2008

immunizations or inhumanization ?

This one has a circular pattern.

Hey , don't worry, just read on. Its not about some geometric function or a linked list. But just a label!

It so happened that the (N+1) vaccinations my family doctor had done - were insufficient. So I was told by a NCSU medical record assistant. Now before I could complain anything, they handed me a piece of paper - " there you go. Meet so and so on so and so date." and in a realllly nice tone - " I'm afraid I can't explain why".

So I took and appointment( yes, even if you want to say hi- you need an appointment). On the given day I presented myself to the mentioned person.

"well .... ummmmm", ZZZZZZzZZZzzzzzzzz she goes thru the pages and suggests that I would need 3 Vaccinations and a PPD test for Tuberculosis.

"But I do have a chest X ray.. and that's perfectly normal....." I protested rightly becasue my doctor had done the X ray thing in Mumbai.

"yesss, I understand, but we need the PPD test.. So please come on ___ day."

OKKK. And right there without any kind of hint- she stings me twice on right arm with a sharp needle. Ladies and gentle men - I'm proud owner of few Measles and Diphtheria vaccinations!!!

So finally i reach the clinic with the PPD test done.
the nurse checks the PPD. " Ohh, I'm afraid you would need a Chest X-ray."
I couldn't believe my ears. Did she say the chest X RAY? that's what I had given them!!!
This tooo much. Or did I say I have "a toung X ray" last time?

Or did she think that it was some one else's - may be the doctor's chest X ray?
Or do they think that we paint X rays by ourselves back there in India- for 5 Rs??
Or may be, X ray's gonna reveal that I'm a mutant exposed to Galactic radiatyion pattern???
Or does an Indian X ray has expiry date of some kind????


I really don't understand the rules here.
But the funniest part is - neither do Americans!

*PS - this was confirmed as the lady called me after 10days and told me - Nothing's wrong with my chest X ray!!

5 comments:

Shubhada Rajam said...

the last line says it all...good one..

Abinav Kumar said...

he he.. awesome! got it painted for Rs. 5 .. :P sahi hai..!

K said...

I actually asked the Radiologist here - about the expiry date and she went mad !!!

Abinav Kumar said...

he he...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Song I liked : [Phir se udd chala (RockStar)]

Rockstar is special movie. It took some time to grow on and appreciate. Ranbir (JJ/Jordan) is an aspiring singer who's not so ser...